Tuesday, February 5, 2013

"Wind" and Speedpaint;

Click to enlarge
For this piece in particular, it took me a good 5 hours to finish. I had sketched it out, but then I decided to redraw it because the face looked ridiculous and I drew the ears to big. So I scrapped the ears and then this was born!

I call it "Wind" because I can't think of anything else right now. Her hair really just flows, like it's being swept away by a gust of wind.

I've been feeling a lot of negative emotions lately, and I feel that this piece can depict what I'm feeling. (Yes, I'm doing better now.) I really love venting through my art, and "Wind" gave me the opportunity to do so. It also makes me happy, in a way, because even though she's crying and the foreground is sad, the background yellow color cancels out the negative.

Speedpaint Video: 




No comments:

Post a Comment